The Thornton Water Assistance Program is intended to provide short-term assistance to water utility customers meeting qualifying criteria. The program period is June 1, 2013 through May 31, 2014. Water assistance of up to $234 during the program year may be provided .
Following are the requirements...
- You are a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident; or otherwise lawfully present in the U.S. pursuant to federal law – and are able to produce a valid form of identification that the State of Colorado has specified
- You are a City of Thornton water customer
- Your household income is 185% of federal poverty or less...
|Household Size||Gross Monthly Income|
Each additional person $620
- You must complete an application and provide proof of household income or you can provide proof of current eligibility for any public assistance program with income qualification criteria equal to or more restrictive than 185% of federal poverty. Examples of such programs are Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Food Stamps, Low Income Energy Assistance (LEAP), or Medicaid.
Assistance is first-come, first-served and subject to funding availability
Customers who provide false information, have tampered with their meter within the last three years, or have a landscape-related City Code violation during the program period are ineligible. Customers receiving assistance under this Program are subject to all provisions of applicable City Ordinances including late fees and disconnection fees and policies.
Account holders approved for water assistance may choose a one-time Program period credit of up to $234 to be applied to their current water bill or a monthly credit of $19.50 during the Program period. However, if the Customer’s outstanding balance due to the City at time of application is equal to or greater than the available one-time credit, the Customer will receive the one-time credit.
How to Apply
- Contact Utility Billing at 303-538-7370 and ask for a referral to the Water Assistance Program.
- When you have received the referral you can apply in person Monday through Thursday between the hours of 12:00 - 4:00 p.m. at Community of Faith United, 10530 Huron St., Northglenn. Please note the new location effective January 28, 2013. Call 303-452-2727 for directions or questions.